Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Delta Kappa Gamma Story

Each member of Beta Chapter has a story about their membership invitation to the Society.

Mine came in a letter asking women educators to a meeting to explore the establishment of a new chapter. Pi Chapter, covering four counties, was born from this meeting. I signed the charter and became the first president. As I moved from one teaching position to another, I transferred from Pi to Lambda to Beta. Encouraged by my Society sisters, I applied for and won a scholarship to help finance my graduate degree. In the Society I learned about leadership and served as an officer and committee member at the Chapter and State level. My term as state president took me to leadership training with the other leaders in the Northwest Region. I served on the International Professional Affairs Committee.

 More important than these opportunities, I gained personal friendships with women who recognize and support the talents and endeavors of other women.

Tell your story by adding a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment